For exactly a month now I've been struggling to get my computer working.
Just a couple days before Mother's Day the computer's motherboard (how ironic!) had a complete meltdown. I ordered a spare part which apparently was shipped from Hong Kong and therefore sat in customs for more than two weeks. Then finally, after a week of frustration and endless hours installing programs, drivers and whatnot's, trying to get the computer to work, it failed me again, I got the BSOD. The blue screen of death. And then it went blank. Must be the graphics card or the screen itself.

Luckily I didn't lose any vital files, thanks to my brother.

I really hate it that manufacturers force people into buying new computers every time some part goes belly up. It's nearly impossible to find a brand new spare if your computer is older than the guarantee period. I love my laptop, it is only five years old and hasn't got a scratch on it. It looks like new, but now it seems there is little hope for it. I'm literally at my wit's end.

I'm still taking pictures and eating lots of goodies like asparagus, rhubarb and strawberries from my garden. But since I cannot edit photos, you'll all have to wait until this mess gets sorted (or I'll just buy a new one).

Oh well...

Update:
Today, on the 15th of June, the repairman returned my laptop, saying "it might work for a month or for five years, there is no guarantee".
I will browse through my pics and post something as soon as possible.

4 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. My work laptop has given the blue screen of death which is so frustrating. Hate when technology dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, poor you! i hope your good food eases the pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rha, patience is the key word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we are kind of 'lost' without computer nowadays. Hope everything will be sorted out quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete