Yes, it's flat peaches again! The love affair continues.

Their shape is excellent for baking and roasting because they sit pretty on their flat bums, not wiggling about.
It's a perfect little number and very simple too.

I carved out the stones and loaded the peaches with various goodies like ricotta and chocolate, meringue and custard, frangipane and almonds. You can use whatever takes your fancy.

Meringue topped peaches obviously look the swankiest but as far as flavour goes ricotta was my favourite.


You need to be careful when yanking out the stones, the peach must remain intact! The base and all! Of course it's not a crime to carve a slightly wider hole to fit more chocolate and custard :)


One evening I somehow befriended a butterfly. It wouldn't let go of my hand at any cost. I could vigorously shake my hand but nothing. Eventually I had to go back indoors and I just had to lift it off.



4 flat peaches
120g ricotta
1 egg yolk
sugar
orange zest
orange oil
vanilla
dark chocolate, chopped

4 flat peaches
1 egg white
sugar
lemon juice
thick custard (or tart jam)


Wash the peaches, remove the stones and place them all on a baking tray. Fill four of the cavities with chocolate and the other four with custard.

Whisk egg white till foamy, gradually add sugar and whisk until peaks start to form. Add a bit of lemon juice and whisk to stiff peaks.

Stir together the ricotta, egg yolk, a good pinch of finely grated orange zest, a few drops of orange oil, sugar and vanilla.

Take a scoop or a piping bag and top the chocolate-filled peaches with ricotta and the custard-filled peaches with meringue.

Bake in a preheated 180°C oven for about 12 to 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them!
Best served warm.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Simply love it. In Italy it's pretty easy to find those peaches and good ricotta... I sooo going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I like the combination of dark chocolate and ricotta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I can't wait to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would probably the most delicious simple sweet treat i could enjoy !
    www.sunshineandsmile.com

    ReplyDelete